University of Florida College of Journalism and Telecommunications 2013-2017
Bachelor of Arts in Telecommunications
Lake Mary Preparatory School: High School Diploma 2012
Men’s Basketball Beat Reporter for ESPN Gainesville September 2016 – April 2017
- It was my job to attend and shoot team press conferences and games. I would then bring back what I shot, and created a highlight reel of what happened during the game as well as handling all things television-related to Gator Basketball.
Sports Anchor for WUFT/WRUF, Gainesville, FL August 2016 – April 2017
- Using archived footage, I put together a rundown of the most important events and stories from each weekend. I then wrote scripts in ENPS and created and edited video to go with my scripts. I then went live during the sports segment of WUFT’s First at Five Newscast.
Reporter for WRUF-FM, Gainesville FL September 2016 – April 2017
- During each shift, I produced two 50-second updates (for “Trending Now”), two fact sheets, and a web story. During my time at WRUF, I wrote articles pertaining to nearly every sport from the NBA, to NASCAR, to Collegiate Tennis.
Reporter for WUFT News, Gainesville FL August 2015 – April 2016
- After participating in the morning pitch meeting, I traveled to various locations in Gainesville to cover the story I pitched, while also seeking out other newsworthy stories. I had until 4:30 p.m. to go out and shoot footage, get interviews from experts to help advance the story, edit the footage and write the script for the total news package to air on the First at Five newscast.
Radio Reporter for WUFT-FM, Gainesville FL January 2015 – August 2015
- After submitting a pitch to our newsroom director, I called on multiple sources that could help advance the story; including interviewing these sources in our radio booths. After collecting the interviews, I cut the various audio sources together, wrote a script for the story, and recorded my WRAPS, which are then broadcasted.
Intern at WCJB TV20 August 2015 – November 2015
- During high school football season, I traveled to schools in our coverage area and filmed the games. After each game, I went back to the station, imported my clips, and created a highlight reel of the game to be broadcasted during Friday night’s Sports Overtime segment.
Orlando Magic Camp Coach, The National Basketball Academy Summers 2013 – 2017
- The National Basketball Academy and the Orlando Magic put on summer basketball camps so that young players have the opportunity to maximize their potential throughout the entire year.
- High-level skills using software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, ENPS, KLZ, and Final Cut Pro
- All aspects of camera operation, field work, and post-production
ACTIVITIES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Played in the positions of both “Small Forward” and “Power Forward” on both Junior Varsity and Varsity basketball teams. Our Varsity team advanced to regional-semifinals.
- Performed as a member of the Track team at Lake Mary Preparatory School.
- Avid golfer from the age of 5, achieving a “Hole in one” at age 9 and two-time champion.
- TV Production member for all four years of high school, eventually rising to the school’s news team leader.